Fast ForWord® Language V2 maps the brain to improve the fundamental cognitive skills of memory, attention, processing, and sequencing, while simultaneously improving reading and learning skills.
Fast ForWord® Language v2 is part of the products suitable for primary school children and includes fun, engaging characters ready to motivate students to achieve their personal best.
In addition, new built-in supportive tools help struggling students achieve success more quickly. As they build confidence, they will experience faster progress and even better results.
To accelerate reading progress, Fast ForWord® Language v2 exercises develop critical brain processing efficiency in four key areas:
* Improves memory by having the student hold a statement or question in working memory while retrieving picture-concept associations from long-term memory.
* Improves attention by developing the ability to focus on multiple tasks and ignore distractions.
* Strengthens auditory and linguistic processing rates so that students can distinguish sounds quickly enough to discriminate individual phonemes and understand words and sentences.
* Develops sequencing skills through exercises that require the use of a logical word order to comprehend simple and complex instructions and organize a response that follows the specified sequence of actions.
Through the patented technology of acoustically modified speech, the Fast ForWord® Language v2 product develops the cognitive skills that give struggling readers the solid foundation they need to learn to read. Skills developed in the context of reading include:
* Phonological Awareness
* Language Structures
What to Expect from Fast ForWord® Language v2
* Improved reading foundation
* Improved listening comprehension
* Improved thinking
* Improved fluency
Students are prepared to listen, think, learn to read or become better readers. Students are prepared to learn and benefit from good instruction and curriculum, and improve their achievement levels.
Fast ForWord® Language v2 software adapts to individual skill levels and responses, adjusting the learner’s content exposure and targeting correct responses approximately 80% of the time, which maintains challenge and motivates success… to get results in as little as 3 months.
* Improved thinking and focus skills
* Better visual attention and organisation
* Solid foundation for reading instruction
What are the Fast ForWord® Language v2 exercises like?
The Fast ForWord® Language v2 product consists of seven exercises: three sound exercises and four word exercises. The exercises work together to help develop the understanding of basic speech sounds as well as the fundamental cognitive skills essential for learning and reading.
The sound exercises present complex auditory information in a sub-word format, such as frequency sweeps and syllables. In some instances, the speech sounds have been digitally generated using patented methods (including selective intensity increases and duration extensions) to provide enhanced learning opportunities.
The word exercises present words, either in isolation or within sentences, with various levels of linguistic complexity. In some instances, the speech sounds have been digitally altered using patented methods (including selective intensity increases and duration extensions) to provide enhanced learning opportunities.
The following scope and sequence explains the tasks involved, the language and reading skills targeted and the cognitive skills developed.
Download Scope and Sequence pdf Language v2 Scope & Sequence