Fast ForWord® Foundations I maps the brain to improve the fundamental cognitive skills of memory, attention, processing, and sequencing, while simultaneously improving reading and learning skills.
Fast ForWord®Foundations I is part of the products suitable for primary school children and includes fun, engaging characters ready to motivate students to achieve their personal best.
This new and improved replacement for the Language v2 program includes the following enhancements:
- Improved exercise introductions that provide learners with multiple levels of coaching and interventions, ensuring they understand the exercise activity and what’s expected.
- Built-in coaching that helps learners stay motivated and progress more quickly. Learners now have more autonomy in getting themselves “unstuck” and back on track with automated interventions that provide just-in-time support.
- Explicit instruction on language concepts, grammatical structures, and vocabulary, which are particularly helpful to English language learners, special education students, and younger learners.
- Increased adaptivity within finely-tuned exercises creates a more personalized experience, enabling learners to fast-track through content they find easy and slow down when the content gets challenging. Greater gains can be achieved when each learner spends more time working in the zone that’s the correct level of difficulty for that learner.
- New progress indicators that provide students with real-time feedback during their Fast ForWord sessions—from the initial dashboard showing their current status on today’s assignment to new “in-exercise” indicators like the progress feeder meter, completion status sign, and other fun celebrations.
The Fast ForWord Foundations I program consists of seven exercises: three sound exercises and four word exercises. The exercises work together to help develop the understanding of basic speech sounds as well as the fundamental cognitive skills essential for learning and reading.
The three sound exercises present complex auditory information in a sub-word format, such as frequency sweeps and syllables. In some instances, the speech sounds have been digitally generated using patented methods (including selective intensity increases and duration extensions) to provide enhanced learning opportunities.
Foundations I – Sky Gym
Foundations I Moon Ranch
Foundations I – Hoop Nut
The four word exercises present words, either in isolation or within sentences, with various levels of linguistic complexity. In some instances, the speech sounds have been digitally altered using patented methods (including selective intensity increases and duration extensions) to provide enhanced learning opportunities.
Foundations I – Whalien Match
Foundations I – Robo-Dog
Foundations I – Ele-Bot
Foundations I – Space Commander
To accelerate reading progress, Fast ForWord® Foundations I exercises develop critical brain processing efficiency in four key areas:
* Improves memory by having the student hold a statement or question in working memory while retrieving picture-concept associations from long-term memory.
* Improves attention by developing the ability to focus on multiple tasks and ignore distractions.
* Strengthens auditory and linguistic processing rates so that students can distinguish sounds quickly enough to discriminate individual phonemes and understand words and sentences.
* Develops sequencing skills through exercises that require the use of a logical word order to comprehend simple and complex instructions and organize a response that follows the specified sequence of actions.
Through the patented technology of acoustically modified speech, the Fast ForWord® Foundations I product develops the cognitive skills that give struggling readers the solid foundation they need to learn to read. Skills developed in the context of reading include:
* Phonological Awareness
* Language Structures
What to Expect from Fast ForWord® Foundations I
* Improved reading foundation
* Improved listening comprehension
* Improved thinking
* Improved fluency
Students are prepared to listen, think, learn to read or become better readers. Students are prepared to learn and benefit from good instruction and curriculum, and improve their achievement levels.
Fast ForWord® Foundations I software adapts to individual skill levels and responses, adjusting the learner’s content exposure and targeting correct responses approximately 80% of the time, which maintains challenge and motivates success… to get results in as little as 3 months.
* Improved thinking and focus skills
* Better visual attention and organisation
* Solid foundation for reading instruction
The following scope and sequence explains the tasks involved, the language and reading skills targeted and the cognitive skills developed.
Download Scope and Sequence pdf Foundations I Scope & Sequence